Brandi's Reviews > Bite Me!

Bite Me! by Melissa Francis

Mar 01, 2012

Read from February 26 to March 29, 2012

Melissa Francis has gained a new fan! Bite Me! was a cute, short, and fun read. It wasn't spectacular writing or that the characters were out of this world, no it was the simplest thing of all. Bite Me! was pure romantic, supernatural, action packed drama in a big ball of fun. Every now and then you need to read a book that doesn't require you to look for the hidden meaning or soul search. The characters in the book were easy to connect to despite them being supernatural beings. AJ Ashe is a really good heroine. She has a "natural" teenage dialect and maturity, that I sometimes find missing in YA books, along with the ability to take care of herself. I loved the forbidden romance between her and her stepbrother Ryan. The tension and wanting between the two of them was off the charts. The family part in the book was a nice touch. It's pretty refreshing to read about a blended family that doesn't hate each other (there are comparisons to The Brady Bunch). There wasn't really anything wrong with this book. If I have to pick on something it would be that I didn't really like Malia. There is just something off about her (maybe it's supposed to be). Lastly, i never saw where it explained why AJ lost her memory of a certain night. Maybe I just missed it and if I did please comment and tell me. Bite Me! is a light and fluffy novel, but if I did have to come up with a lesson learned from the story it would be that a lack of communication will be your downfall every time. I really liked this book and can't wait to pick up the sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bite Me!.

02/26/2012 page 50