Saly's Reviews > Ride with Me

Feb 26, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012, loveswept
Read in February, 2012

Rating 3.5

I enjoyed this book, it was a fun contemporary read. The hero at the start was an anti-social hermit, angry at life and hiding. There was a time he had it all, a corporate career, wife but then he testified against his father's company, found out his wife was cheating on him with his brother and was left angry, hurt and bitter. So, he isn't happy that his sister has managed to find him a riding partner for the TransAmerica Trail and to his shock he finds out his partner is a woman.

The hero is really a jerk and boor at first but the heroine is no doormat, she gives him the silent treatment and is actually fun even if she does like to follow her charts and schedules.

The sexual tension was off the charts, I enjoyed the banter and seeing these both evolve, the hero taking an interest in being more human and coming to terms with his past gradually and the heroine becoming spontaneous and despite vowing to not let their emotions get in the way, they do.

I also liked the unique setting and a heroine who was not a stereotypical teacher, she was a modern woman with varied interests and I really respected her for the fact that after she pours her heart out she has self preservation instincts.

Enjoyable read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ride with Me.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Marty I just finished this one, too, and really enjoyed it. I liked both H/h and the roadtrip setting reminded me of my US-vacations... The only thing I didn't like was the ending, it was a little abrupt and rushed, IMO.

Saly Marty wrote: "I just finished this one, too, and really enjoyed it. I liked both H/h and the roadtrip setting reminded me of my US-vacations... The only thing I didn't like was the ending, it was a little abrupt..."

Yeah it was rushed but I really liked the fact that the heroine didn't melt all over him towards the end part.

It was a short, satisfying read.