Meghan's Reviews > Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health

Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard

Feb 20, 11

This book is fascinating. Please dont be scared away by its link with Scientology - if you are interested in psychology and philosophy this book is an interesting read, even though the guy clearly has personal issues that shine through.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dianetics.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 3: by Liz (new) - added it

Liz Thanks for posting this! So far it's the first review on this book I've seen that is worth reading. All others appear automatically biased either for or against. I am very interested in the mind, philosophy, etc. so your review gave me exactly what I needed to know!

Michael Only someone who knows very little about psychology and philosophy would recommend this text.

Michael Read anything by M. Scott Peck, Edward de Bono, Tony Buzan. Heck read Louise Hay and Norman Vincent Peale if you must. They know more about people and human wellbeing than anyone in the Scientology community. All of them are pop psychology authors with varying degrees of experience and credibility. None of them are fronting for a global religious institution and none of them claim to be deities. None of them have been intensively investigated by Time magazine for unethical practices. Don't get taken in by the cult of Scientology.