Elissa's Reviews > Circles of Seven

Jul 30, 2008

bookshelves: fantasy
Recommended for: 10+
Read in July, 2008

** spoiler alert ** This is an amazing book! It took me awhile to get into it, a lot longer than the first two, but once I finally got into it, once again, it was a stay-up-til-2am kind of book.
It was wonderful to see Billy finally stepping up to the plate, becoming a man of God, resisting temtation after temptation. Also, this installment in the series is a lot funnier than the first two, I absolutly loved Ashley's supercomputer "Larry" too too funny, my parents probalby thought i was crazed, hearing me laughing my head off in in the back of the house haha! And of course as always, there is always-joking Walter, but this time you get to see a new side of a Walter, a true chivalrous knight. I loved the character of Shiloh, who "has all she really needs". Davis paints the pictures of the circles so vividly, you feel like your walking along side Billy and Bonnie, sitting next to Shiloh in her alley, or locked in Morgan's dungeon. When Morgan is trying to getBonnie or Shiloh for a hostiam, you feel like screaming, when Billy is about to release the "Watchers" You silently screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BILLY!!!!!!!!!"
When Barlow reports that the eyes in the eighth circle are gleaming, your heart skips a beat, and your reading faster than ever, all the time saying, "oh, Bonnie can't really be dead" yet always know that she is really dead. A wonderful masterpeice of suspense, faith, courage, chivalry, and wit. I cannot wait to read the final installment in the series.
Again, masterfully done Mr. Davis!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Circles of Seven.

Jessica I am SO glad that you've enjoyed these books, Elissa!!!!!!!!!!! I think that "Circles of Seven" is my favorite in th DIOM series!! It just pulses with excitement!! :-)

love you, Jess

Elissa Yes, I'm enjoying them immensely! I loved Circles of Seven, but so far I think The Candlestone is my favorite!! I can't wait to read the fourth one, I'm just about to start it, I never got a chance to start it yesterday :(

Love you too! Lis