Paris's Reviews > Devil's Luck

Devil's Luck by Carolyn Crane

Feb 26, 12

bookshelves: novellas-and-shorts
Read on February 26, 2012

First I have to say that I've never been more glad that I have the Kindle Fire than I was when I saw the cover of this book in all it's color glory on my screen. So yummy.

Carolyn Crane's Disillusionist trilogy is one of my favorite series ever. The series is filled with everything I truly enjoy: imperfect characters, romance, intrigue, crazy cliffhangers, highs and lows that make my chest hurt. I can’t get enough of these books, so when I read that Carolyn was going to write a novella for Simon, I was really excited. Aside from Packard (who I adore) and Justine, Simon was my favorite of the characters in the series. I always wanted to know more about him and why he was the way he was. Devil’s Luck gives us all of that and more.

After reading Devil’s Luck, Simon has now seriously given Packard a run for his money as my favorite and I now have a new appreciation for Fawna that I didn’t have at the end of Head Rush. Simon and Fawna are amazing together. I love how they make each other look at themselves and the things they’ve always held as constants (Simon’s recklessness and Fawna’s farsight) differently. I hope we continue to get, even if they are brief, looks at the lives of the Disillusionists and the highcaps that they love, but no matter what Carolyn Crane has a lifelong fan in me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil's Luck.