Paris's Reviews > Magic on the Storm

Magic on the Storm by Devon Monk

Mar 02, 12

bookshelves: 2012, must-read-series, urban-fantasy
Read from February 26 to March 02, 2012

Argh! Once again the begging was like walking through mud that’s up to my shins. I mean, I love Allie and Zay together and am usually all for tender moments and sex, but there were so many times when the scene would end and I assumed we’d move on to what was really important. Instead, we got every teeny tiny detail of what Allie needed to do. For instance, the whole chapter dedicated to going back to Allie’s to shower, while yes the shower was nice and the revelation about the whole Soul Complements thing was interesting, we could have easily skipped over that and moved straight to Maeve’s inn. There were other ways to get the Soul Complement info in there without all the yawning I did in between the pieces of action. And like the other books, the last half of the book was so damn exciting I couldn’t put the book down. In fact, my Kindle died with less than 10% left to read because I refused to put it down long enough to charge it. I had hoped that I could finish it in time, instead I had to wait.

But in all honesty, the break was probably a good thing. For most of the end I wanted to smack Allie in the head, get her to do more than just observe everything around her. It was great getting a total picture of what was going on, but not at the expense of her standing on the sideline and doing nothing for most of it. But of course all that was made up for in the end and now I can’t wait to get started on Magic at the Gate!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic on the Storm.