Ryan Rainey's Reviews > Charlotte's Web

M_50x66
Feb 26, 12

bookshelves: eced-221
Read on February 26, 2012

I really enjoyed reading this Charlotte's Web by E.B. White. This book is about a pig who is born a runt and who is going to be killed. The farmers daughter Fern pleads with her father not to kill the pig. Her father makes Fern raise the pig until it gets to be too expensive. So the pig is sold to another farm. At this other farm the pig named Wilbur meets a whole barnyard full of other animals. All of the animals talk. Wilbur becomes good friends with a spider named Charlotte. Charlotte comes up with a plan to keep Wilbur from being killed. Charlotte is becoming very old herself. Wilbur is thought to have an extroidinary power that helps to keep him from being killed. I don't want to say much more and give away the ending, but overall this is a very extroidinary book.

This story is very well written. There are a few main characters in this book which are Fern, Wilbur, and Charlotte. The plot of the story starts out with Wilbur being saved by Fern. Then Wilbur gets sold to another farm. Wilbur makes a lot of new friends at his new home. The conflict is when Wilbur finds out that his going to be killed. The falling action is when Wilbur's friends and Charlotte come up with a plan that prevents Wilbur crom being killed. The resolution is When Wilburs friend Charlotte dies and her eggs hatch and Wilbur makes some new friends. The theme is very compelling to the readers. There is only one world stated in this book. The theme of the story is to never give up. Wilbur and his team of friends kept coming up with plans to save his life. The elements of the story that make this story a fantasy are convincing. The elements of this story very well developed, because the author made each animal talk and the animals who usually dont get along with pigs like rats and geese are getting along in this story. The author does maintain a sense of order in this world presented in the story because the show the fact that once pigs get big enought they are suppose to be killed, but Wilbur is saved due to the plan of his friend Charlotte.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It is an old favorite of mine. The part that really struck me about this story is how the animals talked through out this story. I thing that aspect of this story will really appeal to children. This story relates to me life because there are times that I just want to give up, but after seeing Wilburs persistance and seeing how he passes it makes me believe that with enough fight you can't fail.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Charlotte's Web.