Wendy's Reviews > Eternal

Eternal by J.A. Belfield

F 50x66
Jun 17, 2012

Read in June, 2012

The Holloway Pack quickly found a place on my must read list after Darkness and Light and Ms. Belfield’s latest pack installment, Eternal, does not disappoint. I was so excited to receive this as an ARC from the publisher; I could not put it down!

This storyline takes place 3 years after Jem has become a member of the pack. There is much gossip around town about her living with a houseful of men. Since Jem is the only female Were, curious “visitors” keep showing up. Of course, Sean won’t stand for it. He will do whatever it takes to keep her safe and all his.

The first scene starts out steamy and it only gets better from there. This book has a great story line filled with memorable scenes. A few of my favorites (besides the opener….) were when Sean really screws up with Jem and just doesn’t understand what he did wrong. He loves her so much and almost ruins it with his mouth! So like a male to be oblivious like that. Another favorite scene; Jem always gets in the last word when she needs to, but only she can do it during a dinner time prayer. Too funny!

We get to meet more of Jem’s family and Sean’s pack in this story. Jem’s mother and sister play a big part in this storyline. I really enjoyed the bits of history in this one too. Reading about Jem’s daily life with her mom and Jessica (dragging the bathtub in front of the fire, walking to the market once a week, hand stitching the dress) makes me grateful for all the modern conveniences we have now. We meet more pack members, from this lifetime too. Giles is one of my favorites from this line, he reminds me of Josh and Nathan (from their current pack life) all rolled into one.

All in all, you must add this one to your collection!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternal.