Karen's Reviews > While It Lasts

While It Lasts by Abbi Glines

Jul 30, 12

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, kindle, loved-it
Read on July 30, 2012

With Abbi Glines I know I am going to read her books so I try to avoid teasers and don't even bother reading the summary. For me it is like peaking at the Christmas presents when I would rather leave the surprise until Christmas morning. I have to say this works well for me because letting this story unfold was a real treat.

Abbi certainly knows how to write a bad boy and Cage is such a great character. He was messed up and making bad choices but knowing from Because of Low that he had hidden depth, and dare I say it, sweetness made me eager to find out more about him. Wow! All that hotness on the page had my kindle smoking.
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for setting this during the summer where Cage had so many excuses to take his shirt off (view spoiler).
Where some characters take a while to warm up to, Eva is a character that I liked instantly. She had me tearing up then cracking up within the first few pages. I was also pleasantly surprised that I was learning more about Eva right throughout the book. Abbi seems to have a way of letting the characters evolve as you would get to know someone in real life - not all at once but a slow reveal.

This was a very steamy novel and not one for young readers, but as an adult I thoroughly enjoyed it.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read While It Lasts.

07/29/2012 page 3
0.99% "1% in and my eyes are stinging. I can't cry because I am in a cafe having lunch!"

Jenn Abbi put up a teaser on her blog from this book: http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_...

Karen Jenn, lovin the eye candy in those pictures. I can't wait for this one. I really love this series. Abbi keeps getting better with every book so this one should be amazing.

Jenn :o) I agree. I love her books. She rocks. I can't wait for August!!

Brandie Holy moly...you're finished already?!?! That was so fast!!!

Bethany Oh wow! You are already done. Was it as good as Because of Low?

Jenn What the world woman?! You already read and review it? Lol
Dang I need to get a move on!!

Brandie I know, right?! LOL!! I think that's some kinda record!! :)

Karen Yeah I really liked this one. You know how it is when you get excited about a book and you just want to see if it can deliver in the end? Well I just had to know. I loved Because of Low and this was just as good. I hope you girls like it too. I don't want to build up the hype but I just really enjoyed Cage - whoops, I meant While It Lasts ;)
Seriously I could look at that cover all day.... OK, I think I need sleep now. I will check out your updates tomorrow to see how you like it.

♥Rachel♥ I'll come back and read this when I'm done. Dang woman! You read fast! :)

♥Rachel♥ Excellent review Karen! I was cracking up at this: "Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for setting this during the summer where Cage had so many excuses to take his shirt off (view spoiler)"

Of course I totally agree with that statement, lol! :)