Annemieke Windt's Reviews > What Color Is Your Parachute? 2012: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers

What Color Is Your Parachute? 2012 by Richard N. Bolles

Feb 27, 12

Read from February 26 to 27, 2012

Now this book had more to do with my part of the job where I am a Student Guidance Counsellor and the fact that my second year students have to think about where they want to go with their study career and what they would love to do when they grow up. They still think that a career is something that is set in stone, when over the years I've learned that reality is usually more flexible than that. That it's about keeping on developing yourself and taking chances.

Well if that's your attitude to life and work, Bolles' book is a great help if you consider changing jobs or careers. He makes it an adventure, more than a struggle. The core message of his book is: know who you are, what's important to you, what you like to do and you find the most important thing in life you leave behind when you leave this world. A career more than a job and maybe a path in life that's about expressing what's important to you and not just what the neighbours or your parents believe you should do.

The book is filled with tests and Bolles talks to you from the pages. Making it a useful and entertaining book to read, even for people who are not considering a career change, but want to know what they find important in their work.

www.whattoreadandwhatnot.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Color Is Your Parachute? 2012.