Julie Li's Reviews > Blood Solstice

Blood Solstice by Samantha Young

Feb 26, 2012

bookshelves: kindle, favorites, shifters, paranormal, mythology
Read on February 26, 2012

While I did not review book 1 and 2, I think book 3 is deserving of one. Book 1 & 2 both received 4/5 stars. I only give 5 stars for something I loved. And I love this series.

I admit, book 1 didn't impress me too much. That's why I didn't read book 2 after I finished. I read a number of books in between book 1 and 2 (15+). I only decided to add book 2 to my to-read list because I was actually thinking about Caia and company. If a book makes me think about it even after I've finished it - it's a good sign. So I decided to read the rest. And after I finished River Cast, there was no way I could have stopped myself from buying Blood Solstice ASAP. Thank the goddess for amazon and kindle.

This will be one of my favorite series involving shape-shifters now. I recommend this completely!

PS. I just have one issue. There are some spelling errors that have irked me (misuse of its/it's and they're/their/there and stuff like that). I completely love Sam's books - just hope there will be more effort taken to edit everything. I'm a nazi about that kind of stuff, but the story made up for it in this case.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Solstice.

02/26/2012
38.0% "107/269 Damn. This series is good. Really good. Must read."