Emery Lee's Reviews > Firelight

Firelight by Kristen Callihan

Feb 25, 12

Read on February 25, 2012

This was something totally different for me. A mixture of myth and fantasy with romance and a historical setting, the story was a unique and fresh twist on the quintessential beauty and the beast theme. The plot was fascinating, the action riveting, and the chemistry between Miranda and Archer literally sizzled on the page. I loved every minute of it!
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Firelight.

Larisa I starting this book later today. Read the prequel novel'Ember' and loved it. Will this end up on the group shelf?

Emery Lee Hi Larisa! Yes, I shelved it yesterday. You will love it. This author is very, very good.

Larisa Awesome! Then I'd like to nominate the prequel 'Ember' to the novella & paranormal shelves.

Emery Lee Larisa wrote: "Awesome! Then I'd like to nominate the prequel 'Ember' to the novella & paranormal shelves."

Absolutely! I should have done so myself as I read it first too.

Jacqui Just ordered my copy on your recommendation :) - I absolutely love anything with a 'Beauty & the Beast' theme. From the snippet I read on Amazon, I'm sure I'm going to love this. Thank you so much for picking this one out. I'll let you know what I think :)

Emery Lee Jacqui wrote: "Just ordered my copy on your recommendation :) - I absolutely love anything with a 'Beauty & the Beast' theme. From the snippet I read on Amazon, I'm sure I'm going to love this. Thank you so much ..."

Hi Jacqui! I'm a sucker for those tortured heroes/beasts as well! I hope you enjoy this!

message 7: by Izzy (new) - added it

Izzy Your review caught my attention so now I think I'll get this book and read it. It really does looking interesting.

Emery Lee Izzy wrote: "Your review caught my attention so now I think I'll get this book and read it. It really does looking interesting."

Hi Izzy! It's very well done and I am not normally a paranormal reader. I'll be eager to hear what you think.

message 9: by Izzy (new) - added it

Izzy I love paranormal... if it's done right. That's why I'm excited about reading this after seeing your review. Just ordered my copy. I'll make sure to check back after I read it to let you know what I think. Thanks for pointing me towards this.