Denyze's Reviews > Stardust

Feb 25, 12

bookshelves: favorites
I own a copy

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stardust.

Quotes Denyze Liked

Neil Gaiman
“He stared up at the stars: and it seemed to him then that they were dancers, stately and graceful, performing a dance almost infinite in its complexity. He imagined he could see the very faces of the stars; pale, they were, and smiling gently, as if they had spent so much time above the world, watching the scrambling and the joy and the pain of the people below them, that they could not help being amused every time another little human believed itself the center of its world, as each of us does.”

Neil Gaiman
“There is a proverbial saying chiefly concerned with warning against too closely calculating the numerical value of un-hatched chicks.”

Neil Gaiman
“She says nothing at all, but simply stares upward into the dark sky and watches, with sad eyes, the slow dance of the infinite stars.”

Neil Gaiman
“Adventures are all very well in their place, but there's a lot to be said for regular meals and freedom from pain.”

Neil Gaiman
“Have been unavoidably detained by the world. Expect us when you see us.”

Neil Gaiman
“While clothes do not, as the saying would sometimes have it, make the man, and fine feathers do not make fine birds, sometimes they can add a certain spice to a recipe.”

Neil Gaiman
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”

Neil Gaiman
“Every lover is, in his heart, a madman, and, in his head, a minstrel.”

Neil Gaiman
“You have to believe. Otherwise, it will never happen.”

Neil Gaiman
“What do stars do? They shine.”

Neil Gaiman
“It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go.”

Neil Gaiman
“A philosopher once asked, "Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are human?" Pointless, really..."Do the stars gaze back?" Now, that's a question.”