Kathy Porter's Reviews > The Vow: The True Events that Inspired the Movie

The Vow by Kim Carpenter

YOU owe it to yourself and to the amazing Kim and Krickitt Carpenter to read "The Vow." For a large majority of my 23 years upon this Earth, I have grown up hearing their story as they are a local couple who live in my community. It was so nice, after 20 years of hearing all about their courage and indestructible faith, to finally read--in their words--how God used a most horrific accident to build their love and use them as His hands and feet to bless the world. The Carpenters are the living proof that God can, and does, get us through the darkest of nights to see the blessed, beautiful, morning. If we can truly place our faith, and every situation we encounter, into His hands, His will works for the greater good. I challenge each of you to read this, and truly think and reflect upon the messages. You don't necessarily have to be married to make a vow to somebody. When God places people into our lives for a reason, we make a vow (while a formal ceremony does not always follow) to love that person, as Christ has loved and died for us, throughout everything life throws our way. Unconditional love means so much more than loving somebody through the thick and thin. I can't say it enough, "Read it!" Your life will be forever changed. I already knew the story, as I mentioned earlier, yet here I am still pondering upon their incredibly heartfelt spoken words. I am still amazed. Our God is an amazing God.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vow.