Ery's Reviews > Fun With Dick and Shane

Fun With Dick and Shane by Gillibran Brown

May 28, 12

bookshelves: owned

I enjoyed this book. It doesn't follow the traditional story pattern, and there is no plot to speak of, but rather a collection of diary entries and short stories that provide glimpses into Gilly's life with his two 'daddies'.

I'm not typically into stories with ménage or daddy play, but I am becoming more interested in storylines with domestic discipline and the daddy thing really worked for me (or them) here. I'm also not generally a fan of first person narrative or journal-like stories. Regardless, Gilly's voice, personality, and humor won me over. It was interesting to see how he dealt with being a third in an already strong and well-established relationship. Gilly's insecurities were endearing and more often than not, I found myself in his place, feeling how he felt.

I wish I could have seen more about how this relationship had developed - I think there's an interesting story there and the provided glimpses weren't enough for me. Overall, this was a light and entertaining read, with just enough angst and emotion to keep me hooked. I can't wait to read more about this threesome (and I'm off to do so now!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fun With Dick and Shane.