Alisha's Reviews > Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo

Feb 25, 2012

bookshelves: favorites
Read in February, 2012

I have grown up believing in Heaven, although I have always had some questions about it. Things that I calked down as being beyond my earthly mental capacity and would come to know the answer once in Heaven. After reading "Heaven is for Real" many of my questions have been answered.

One of the best reads I have come across. Definitely makes you think and view life in a completely new way. One thing I have always struggled with is the feeling that Life is on it's last leg and I wont be able to accomplish all that I wish too. Upon completing half the book I became extremely at peace with this subject that has so long unnerved me.

When Jesus says to have "a child like faith", I never quite understood the depth of this statement. Now, however, it is much much clearer as to what it meas to have faith as a child does. It's a magnificent read and offers some compelling life lessons. I highly recommend it to everyone, whether you believe in Heaven or not. It will change the way you view/live your life.

(to all my friends. I own a copy of this book and will happily let you borrow it. I only ask that if you wish to pass it along, you purchase your own copy. I wish to keep track of this book and would not like it passed beyond those I don't personally know, unless I am certain to get it back with-in a designated time.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven is for Real.