PF's Reviews > Gluten-Free Girl: How I Found the Food That Loves Me Back & How You Can Too

Gluten-Free Girl by Shauna James Ahern

Feb 25, 2012

bookshelves: currently-reading, food-diet

I haven't finished it yet, but I am finding it incredibly hard to put down, despite having multiple other obligations for my reading time. Reading this book about a journey through health issues and food discoveries for some inexplicable reason is reminding of the very best kinds of travelogues, savory with spice and color, vibrant with dreams. I knew what an impact this book was having on me when I walked into a store today that had one of the spices she had recommended (smoked Spanish sweet paprika), and I started dancing around singing, "I'm in my happy place! I'm in my happy place!" And I smiled for a very long time afterwards. And I'm smiling every time I look at the packet of smoked paprika, or open the jar into which I decanted the packet purchased. ;) While the book presents itself as a book about being gluten-free, it is much more than that, and suitable for virtually any audience as long as they love food, good food, creative food. Wonderful!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gluten-Free Girl.