Chloe West's Reviews > Answered Prayers

Answered Prayers by Danielle Steel

Feb 25, 12

Read on February 25, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This book was okay, Danielle Steel always comes up with interesting plots, but her writing style and grammar is incredibly deplorable. Also, I'm not religious, so that constant theme in the book was a bit irritating to me.
I'm completely against divorce, and going into the book I was annoyed because I thought Faith and Brad would just figure out they love each other and get divorced and married to each other. I was incredibly happy with how the divorces turned out. Unfaithfulness and a husband who a) wants to kick you out of your house, b) thinks that going back to will defer your duties to him (um, excuse me, how old fashioned can you be?), and c) refuses to even talk to you or see your opinion on things, is completely horrible and mentally draining and abusive for someone. I thought that Pam not showing up when her son could have been dying was an incredibly insensitive thing for her to do and was proud of Brad for finally taking a stand.
However, I thought Brad telling Pam he wanted a divorce, then immediately flying to New York, Zoe instantly liking him, and him proposing to Faith was WAY too fast and just seemed like a hasty was to end the book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Answered Prayers.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Antonette (new) - added it

Antonette I agree. Although I did enjoy the book and was rooting for Faith and Brad; I felt the ending was toooooooo fast. A few more chapters would have been great.

Alfonsoandmelyssa Zarate I totally agree! It just seemed to drag on, and then the inevitable happened...Brad and Faith fell in love. It was pretty predictable.