Wendy's Reviews > The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent

The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent by Esther Hicks

Jul 27, 08

Read in July, 2008

This book is about mind expansion on a spiritual level, very New Age, and I wanted to like it. I didn't like, however, and I think the problem (for me) was the way it's written. It's not very "user friendly" and I suspect you need to read the authors' previous books to tune in to their vocabulary and methods. In the forward Jerry Hicks explains that the book contains words used in a way we don't normally use them, and that may be where I had my problems. It's not a bad book and it made several fascinating points, but it was an awkward read.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 3: by Teeni (new)

Teeni This one sounds interesting. I'd like to hear what you have to say when you are done reading it.

Wendy I just couldn't finish this book. Making up new definitions for existing words just didn't work for me. There are so many wonderful New Thought writers going back to the early 19th Century that are very easy to read, I just felt these particular authors used those original theories and twisted them up to make them unrecognizable.

message 1: by Crystal-Marie (new)

Crystal-Marie Thanks, Wendy! yours was the most objective review so far. Helped my decision.