Tricia's Reviews > The Trinity Six

it was ok
Read from February 25 to March 02, 2012

The Trinity Six: A Novel
By: Charles Cumming

As soon as I started this book I was questioning the whole point; the beginning of the book contains the crucial information about the sixth man in The Trinity Six. We know his name from the get-go, so I wondered what the next 354 pages would contain.
Unfortunately it wasn't much.
The characters are boring and there is really nothing to them. There is nothing written that makes them likeable to me. Not to mention there are a ton of names dropped and I couldn't be bothered trying to remember them or what they had to do with whatever part of the storyline. For me it was just too much work. I like reading to escape and I don't want to have to make a chart of who is who.
The main character Gaddis, was a disappointment. Even if I discounted his appeal to women, his academic credentials should have provided me with a more substantial person. But overall, he was drab and at times ridiculous in his actions.
The writing is well done and a foreboding pacing is interesting. But other than that, it wasn't a star stellar book for me. I kept asking "so what" throughout. I didn't get the point or urgency or "shocking revelation."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Trinity Six.

03/02/2012 page 100