Patty's Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

1020899
It seems like my favorite books lately have been Young adult fiction. I have enjoyed all of Maggie Stiefvater's books and then there is this wonderful novel.

When my daughter handed me her copy of this, she said don't start it tonight, you won't go to sleep until you are done. So I patiently waited until I had a day with nothing else pressing and sat down today with The Hunger Games after breakfast. I did get up to refill my tea cup and have lunch, but otherwise I spend my day with Katniss and Peeta. It was a great adventure.

I am not sure there is anything I can say about The Hunger Games that has not already been said. I am also sure that this book and the sequels will not be life changing for me.

That said, I had a great time living in this book. It is hard to believe there is anyone left who might want to read The Hunger Games and hasn't. But, if you like adventure or dystopian books where the good guy wins or just need a very absorbing tale - go find this book. You will have a great ride and won't regret the time invested at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.