Princess Bookie's Reviews > Over You

Over You by Emma McLaughlin

May 26, 2012

bookshelves: read2012
Read from May 25 to 26, 2012

My Thoughts: We’ve all been dumped and if you haven’t, lucky you! It makes us stronger, eventually, it makes us open our eyes to want we want in a relationship.

We are introduced to Max who was in love with Hugo. Perfect Hugo in her eyes. He noticed her, he made her feel good, he appreciated her, until he didn’t anymore. Max got dumped. She couldn’t handle it, so she moved to a new city, dropped out of school, and started her own business.

She helps girls get over their ex’s. Simple enough, right? Sure she has her own problems but she puts them aside to help these poor girls. Her latest client is Bridgett. Bridgett’s ex lives across the street from her. And he’s friends with a boy named Ben. Of course Max ends up meeting this Ben, and things go haywire from there.

She starts to feel something special for one guy, but then her ex Hugo enters the picture again. Max has a lot of decisions to make, and quickly. She can’t let her guard down, and she can’t lose her business.

I don’t even know what to say about Over You. Was it fluff? Yeah, kinda. Did it also have important messages? Sure, in a way. Did I like Hugo? Uh No!! What about Ben? Yes, he was really funny! Did I like her techniques used to get over guys? Yep! Most of them are things I’d do. Get rid of his belongings, make sure to have your “moment.” A lot of the ideas Max has, I can see myself doing.

I did like all the characters from Max’s clients to Max best friend to her non existent family.

Overall: Over You was a cute fun read. I wouldn’t say it will make everyone's favorites of the year but it will probably really appeal to some, which includes me. This would be a perfect book to read after a breakup. I had a hard time actually starting this one though, I picked it up 2-3 times, read the first few pages, then put it down and did it again. Finally, I told myself to just read it already and see if you like it! Over You was an entertaining read and I’m glad I read it!

Cover: Like it! Totally love the picture slide! I think this cover looks fun!

What I'd Give It: 4/5 Cupcakes
______________________

Taken From Princess Bookie
www.princessbookie.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Over You.