Lynn Worton's Reviews > Larkstorm

Larkstorm by Dawn Rae Miller

Mar 30, 12

Read in July, 2013

Lark Greene is a 17-year-old girl being brought up in a dystopian society. There had been a severe and destructive Long Winter, which has caused untold misery and death. This Long Winter was said to be caused by the Sensitives (humans with extra abilities). The Sensitives have been separated out of the general population and are kept at bay by fences. When Beck, the boy she loves, is accused of being a Sensitive and disappears, Lark is sure a mistake has been made and sets out to prove his innocence. What she finds out makes her world completely turn on it's head.

Larkstorm is a real page turner; I couldn't put it down! There was so much mystery, I just had to keep reading! Dawn Rae Miller has created a dystopian novel that is fresh and unique. She liken's this world she has created as "Romeo and Juliet with magic". I don't think I could cope with winter all year round, but human's are adaptable, so one never knows! I loved getting to know Lark and the other characters in this world (even the creepy ones!). I look forward to reading Lark's and Beck's continuing story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Larkstorm.