Emily's Reviews > Smokeless Fire

Smokeless Fire by Samantha Young

Mar 01, 12

bookshelves: kindle
Read in February, 2012

The story was good and had a unique premise. I was very eager to learn about Ari's heretage and the development of her "powers". I was curious about her friend Charlie and desperate for him to ditch his druggie ways and be a better friend to Ari. I really liked and trusted Jai. I found myself totally digging one of the guys and rooting for him (but, I won’t tell you who).

The momentum of the book was great, I was turning pages to quickly learn more. I was totally sucked in.

So why did I give it four stars instead of five?
I was a little annoyed with the overuse of certain words like “douche” and “holy macaroons” – I am not sure if this is a reflection of the author’s vocabulary or poor character development.

And, this book was definitely intended to be part of a series and it is not a stand alone book. The ending is not truly and ending, which I find frustrating, because I like a book that can stand on its own, especially the first book of a series, but that is just one of my little quirks I guess.

But, I will most definitely be reading the next book in this series when it comes out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smokeless Fire.