Tânia's Reviews > Unearthly

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Feb 27, 12

bookshelves: read-2012, finished-series, ebook
Read from February 25 to 27, 2012

After reading Hush Hush and Fallen, I thought all hope was gone... Hail this paranormal romance book that is definitely Unearthly!

Main story is, Clara Gardner‘s part angel and through visions of a boy standing in the trees near a fire she’s shown her purpose on earth. Her angel mother decides to move to Wyoming, so her daughter can find this boy and fulfill her destiny. She finds him, all right, but what about Tucker? The charming, chivalrous, interesting, funny Tucker Avery?

I don’t particularly like love triangles, but I can see its purpose in this book, Christian represents Clara’s angel part, and Tucker the human. But I’m still not fond of it. We’ll see how it will turn out in the next book.

The writing is slow, very slow, so it needs some patience and getting into the story to be totally invested in the reading. For the most part I was interested in the story, but I don’t think the plot appealed much to me. Maybe I wasn’t in the right mood to read about angels. It’s very well-written, with great descriptions and characterization, the best paranormal romance about angels I’ve read so far!

As for the last part of the book, well I wasn’t surprised at all (view spoiler), I pretty much had it all figured out within the first pages of the book.

There’s buzz going around that “Unearthly” is in development at The CW television network. I think it would make an interesting show.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unearthly.

02/25/2012