Cynthia's Reviews > Inkspell

Inkspell by Cornelia Funke

Aug 14, 08

bookshelves: 12th-grade-advisory-reading-books
Read in August, 2008

** spoiler alert ** This novel was quite different from the first book, InkHeart because Meggie, the protagonist of the story tries to save the inkworld and experience it for herself when she read herself and Farid into Dustfinger's story, InkHeart. They encounter many challeges and found ways to prevent Adderhead from hurting the rest of the citizens.

However, when Basta and Mortola shows up in the book things began to change. Even Meggie's father, Mo and mother, Resa ends up in the story due to Orpheus's voice. People and fire-raisers were afraid that Moe was Bluejay, a robber created by Fenoglio, the author of InkHeart who was read into the book when the Shadow came out (Book 1). The story begins to changes as new ideas are created. However, there is one thing that stayed the same. The death of Dustfingers, which brought grief to everyone.

I wonder what will Darius and Elinor do, after all Orpheus is gone and they won't have anything to fear. She even complained that she wants to be read into the book, but I'm not sure if Darius will be able to.
In the end of the book, it find it horrible how Farid has to be Orpheus servant until he brings him back alive. The way his attitude speaks, I don't think he wil. He might eventually but I think he will enjoy having someone doing his work for him, for quite a while.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inkspell.