J.A. Belfield's Reviews > On the Prowl

On the Prowl by Karen MacInerney

5120786
Feb 26, 12

Read from February 25 to 26, 2012

Man, how does Sophie manage to make me feel disappointed in her yet so sorry for her all at the same time? She is one frustrated and messed up female. Confused, too.

I'm not disappointed that things seem to be fizzling out with Heap. I didn't feel he was right for her in book 1 anyway and had a yen even then for her to snatch Tom up instead of Lyndsey. I'd love to see where that relationship might go in the future--though I agree, no way can it happen without a price being paid. Mark was a good development, too, I think--spice the book up some. I liked him a lot, too--which will make choosing even more difficult for Sophie in the future, too.

Okay, I'm going to stop there as I dislike rewriting the blurb in reviews and just do a quick evaluation. I enjoyed this one a lot. Yes, Sophie still drives me a little nuts with her waffle. Yes, some parts of the book are written way more long winded than they need to be. No, this is not the best written book I've ever read. However, Sophie is such a zany character, who manages to have me urging her on whatever the un-moral-less act she might be participating in, and the craziness of the tale had me sniggering quite a few times. I'll certainly be moving along to book 3.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Prowl.