Teresa Mary Rose's Reviews > Deadly Little Lies

Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Jul 19, 14

bookshelves: ya, paranormal, 2012
Read on February 25, 2012

I really enjoyed this book, its suspensful and fun at the same time. I also like how the author acknowledges just how cruel pranks can be in high school and how the administration does turn a blind eye sometimes. I also like that Ben is pretty much a normal kid, besides the psychometry. He isn't superfast or superstrong or immortal or anything like that, so his helping Camelia is much more significant, because he really is putting himself in danger. It also puts Ben and Camelia on much more equal footing, which I like. The only thing that bothers me, is the addition of a love triangle. Why do the majority of YA authors feel a love triangle is just necessary. It is getting to the point where every time I pick up a YA book, I know the triangle is coming before you even meet the second guy. Don't get me wrong, I love a good love triangle (The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare for example), I don't like a love triangle that is clearly just there for the added teenage angst and drama. Maybe I'm the only one, but I would rather read about the couple and their problems and then see how they handle it. In my opinion, Ben and Camelia had enough problems on their own without a love triangle. Okay, I will stop ranting now, because I really did like this book and my love triangle problems stem from numerous books, not just this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Little Lies.