Joyfully Reviewed's Reviews > Venice Vampyr

Venice Vampyr by Tina Folsom

Feb 25, 2012

bookshelves: e-book, erotic, joyfully-reviewed-nikita-steele, paranormal, self-published, series

Isabella Tenderini saves Raphael di Santori from drowning in one of the Venice’s canals. Instead of rewarding her with kind words or in a monetary fashion, Raphael bestows her with a passionate kiss. As a respectable Venice widow in the early 1800’s, Isabella is horrified by Raphael’s action. Nevertheless, her apprehension soon turns into a delight as Raphael awakens a passionate side that Isabella never knew she had.

Water and vampires do not mix. Raphael di Santori becomes aware of this fact first hand when he is pushed into the canal. Raphael thinks that he is in heaven when he awakes to find a beautiful goddess tending to him. In little to no time and without using his vampire persuasion, Raphael is able to charm Isabella into a passion-filled night in bed as a thank-you for saving his life. But, the couple’s blissfulness is shorted lived, when they are discovered in bed by Isabella vindictive cousin. Will Raphael be able to save Isabella’s reputation? And, more importantly, how will Isabella respond once she discovers that Raphael is a vampire?

I am pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed Venice Vampyr. While, I am a huge fan of vampires, I am always caution about historical novels. Well, let me say that Tina Folsom has changed my mind about the historical genre. I found myself easily picturing Ms. Folsom’s vintage atmosphere of the 1800’s amazingly well. The romance between Isabella and Raphael is intensely affectionate and blazing hot. I so admire Raphael’s compassion and willingness for opening Isabella’s eyes to her passionate side and showing her that naughty intimacy between a man and a woman was not a dirty act. Wow! I definitely will be checking out future reads in Ms. Folsom’s Venice Vampyr series.

Reviewed by Nikita Steele
For Joyfully Reviewed

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Venice Vampyr.