Iris Blobel's Reviews > Sacred Ring

Sacred Ring by Leah Sanders

Mar 07, 12

Read from February 25 to March 07, 2012

Again .... a dive into a the YA genre and I LOVED IT.

So this was a "MUST READ" book for me. It's all set in Ireland (big plus) and about St Valentine's Sacred Ring. Not overly religious, if at all, yet I do like "my" saints!

Kynan Murphy's parents have just separated and as fate has it, soon after he learns about St Valentine's Sacred Ring which is believed to have healing "love" powers. So with the help of his friend Michael and Brianna, a girl in his class, he starts his quest to search for the ring in some caves north of Dublin.

It's literally a page turner from the very first page. It's full of adventure, history and a bit of mystery .... and friendship. The three friends are real and though for me the seemed more American than Irish, typical teens. The story was very well researched which makes it an even more interesting read. The only person I would have like to know more about though was Father Leroy. Considering the importance of his character and his role in finding the ring, I was disappointed that Leah Sanders didn't go into more details for his background.

Great read for young and old! Let's hope my daughter will enjoy it as much as I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sacred Ring.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Leah Sanders Thanks, Iris! Father Leroy, huh? Maybe a prequel! ;)

Iris Blobel :-) .... sounds like a great idea!