Amir Ab Rahman's Reviews > The Great Gatsby

Apr 04, 2016

bookshelves: owned-books
Read from March 03 to 07, 2012

What’s the book about?

This is a story about Jay Gatsby, mysterious elite. He had all the opportunities and wealth in his life, but he’s stricken with blinding obsession about his past love. He had no care in this world except for her. Daisy Buchanan. Mr. Gatsby came to know Nick Carraway, fresh young man who turns to be the most valuable possession he could have. The story revolves around Gatsby’s adventure to win Daisy’s final love.

How do I found the book to be?

The first few chapters where the rich were introduced seem quite tedious and unnecessary at first. But I realized that it helped create a bigger impact at the end. On a whole, I found the book to be an insightful read. At the end, I learned that while all of us aspire to be as successful as Jay Gatsby, we should find a friend like Nick Carraway to be at our side.

Why should you read the book, and when will I read it again?

Read it to see an illustration of the frailty of human being, despite how successful they might be. Read it to differentiate between the recklessness of lust and devotion of love. For myself, I will read it again when I need to confirm that a few true friends is what’s best for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Great Gatsby.

04/04 marked as: read