Oceana2602's Reviews > Tender Is the Night

it was ok
bookshelves: 2006, male-writers, english
Recommended for: Southern France-travelers
Read in August, 2006

Another classic, this time set in Southern France, in Juan-Les-Pins, to be exact. And since Juan-Les-Pins is a half hour drive from Nice, I thought it'd make some good reading for my vacation. Well, it won't become one of my favourites, but it was quite interesting.

After I read it, I took advantage of the rental car and drove around the Cap d'Antibes to take a look at the Hotel in which most of the book takes place, the Even Roc (Hotel du Cap), which really looks like it looks on the pictures. So beautiful. You come from the busy streets and the stress of driving through Antibes, and it is like a little oasis of quiet. Go to the website and take a little dream vacation. Oh, if I only had the money. Though it was forbidden, I took a short stroll through the parc (no one said anything because either they were too polite or they were intimidated by my large sunglasses). I wasn't dressed well enough, or I would have walked into the hotel bar and drank a champagne, because sometimes you have to indulge yourself. Next time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tender Is the Night.