Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > A Night Like This

A Night Like This by Julia Quinn

This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: May 29, 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins
Imprint: Avon
Author’s Website: http://juliaquinn.com/
My Source for This Book: Edelweiss
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 2, Smythe-Smith Quartet (spinoff series of Bridgerton Series)
Series Best Read In Order: Worked well as a standalone
Steam Level: Steamy

This book reminded my why I fell in love with Julia Quinn’s books so many years ago. It was lighthearted without being frivolous, full of chemistry and heat without being smutty, exciting without being overwhelming, and most importantly, incredibly romantic without being sappy. I loved the back and forth between Anne and Daniel, and how both characters grew over the course of the novel. Even the side characters were entertaining, with very few characters who weren’t actually important to the storyline.

Unfortunately, some of my absolute favorite parts of the novel are also spoilers, and as the copy I read was an “uncorrected proof”, I can’t even leave you with my favorite quote. Instead, you will just have to trust me when I say that this is one of the most utterly romantic novels that I have read in a very long time, and it will be firmly ensconced on my “Favorites” shelf for a long time to come.

Easily 5/5 Stars.
11 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Night Like This.

03/04/2012
40.0% ""This is not over." And then, in a voice that held desire, and determination, and more than a little bewilderment, he added, "It can't be over." -- Favorite quote so far <3"

Magda Wow, can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Jess the Romanceaholic I LOVED it. I've actually already re-read it, even though my review queue is ridiculously long, just because it was so sweet :)

Magda Ohhh, nice. Good to know since the last one was a bit meh.

message 4: by Kas (new)

Kas Great to hear you enjoyed it so much! I'm just starting it and it seemed kind of boring but I'm inspired to continue

Lolita I LOVE THIS BOOK. I truly feel that other historical romance authors have lost their touch but julia quinn never does