Alexia Purdy's Reviews > Mariza

Mariza by Crystal Cattabriga

May 14, 12

Read from May 10 to 13, 2012

This is an interesting and quick read. Mariza and David are on a road trip to help David excise some demons. Mariza is always helping David with his array of issues. They are as close as siblings can be and are most at ease with the other nearby. I was very intrigued by Mariza and David, their dynamics and interactions make them so likeable, I really wanted to know more about them. Instead, tragedy strikes that leaves David a broken hearted wreck, causing him to make unfortunate decisions. I felt for him, he really was a mess. I’m glad that Mariza helped him out in the little way that she did, helping him cope with the horrors that crossed his path.

The only thing I found frustrating about this story was the lack of police intelligence. I mean, bad stuff happens when they are around, supposedly protecting the people. I felt that they were portrayed very weak and not very smart in their decisions and inner workings at the scenes of investigation. Grrr. If police worked that way in real life, no one would ever get convicted of murder.

Otherwise, I love how Ms Cattabriga’s writing is well thought out and transitions are smooth but heart wrenching. I was only sad that things turned out the way they did with Mariza. She seemed like an amazing strong character that would have made for an interesting read to hang out with her more.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mariza.