Danielle's Reviews > Lucky Stiff

Lucky Stiff by Deborah Coonts

Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own, chicklit, for-review
Read in February, 2012

Lucky’s back at it again! Taking charge of customer relations at The Babylon is crazy enough, but add a mother who owns a popular local bordello, a truck full of bees and a big time oddsmaker in the shark tank at Mandalay Bay and now you have a recipe for disaster. Only Lucky would know how to handle all of these complications as well as navigate a new relationship. Only time will tell if Vegas will eat Lucky alive or if she’ll end the week on a high note.

Deborah Coonts is back with another hit! I loved the first in the series, Wanna Get Lucky and now Lucky Stiff is no different. Lucky still carries her trademark sass and sarcasm with her where ever she goes. I was thrilled to see so many of the characters I loved in the first novel again, especially The Beautiful Jeremy Whitlock and Teddie her love interest. It was also nice to see how her relationship with her recently discovered father, The Big Boss, continues to develop.

As for the plot, wow! I’m not sure there could be much more going on, but then again it is Las Vegas and it is the city that never sleeps. The bees were a nice touch, but I did enjoy the conflict surrounding her mother’s new interest in auctioning off a virgin to raise money for her college funding. Always the gray lines in Vegas. What I was sad to see was the deterioration of the relationship between Lucky and Teddie. I really enjoyed seeing them together in the first book, but I have a bad feeling things aren’t going to work out between them.

Overall, Lucky Stiff was another fantastic novel in the Lucky O’Toole Las Vegas Adventure series by Deborah Coonts. Lucky brings her characteristic sass and intelligence to the table as she discovers who’s behind the mysterious “shark” murder and also handles everything a busy Vegas casino can throw at her. It’s an adventure a minute and the characters truly bring the city to life before your eyes. If you’re a fan of Stephanie Plum or mysteries with marvelous leading ladies in general than this is definitely a series to give a try!

Originally reviewed & copyrighted on my site, Chick Lit Reviews and News.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lucky Stiff.