The Bumble Girl {Margie}'s Reviews > Vaempires: Revolution

Vaempires by Thomas Winship

Mar 27, 12

Read on March 27, 2012

I was extremely surprised with every single page in this book!
I didn't even realize that this was a self-published book until I had to do my post - Winship's writing and story-telling is so well thought out, I could not put this book down.

From the very first sentence we are thrown into a futuristic and chaotic world were vampires and humans exist in harmony until some rogue vaempires attack and executes most of the vampires royalty and human leaders.

Due to advance sciences, Vampires have been able to exist without blood cravings and no longer have to fear the sun. However, VAEMPIRES, are mutated vampires that have surprisingly transformed into heart-beating, warm-blooded animals with unimaginable powers.
Right away I learned, VAMPIRES are good and VAEMPIRES are bad, very bad.

We first meet our main character, Daniel -
a fifteen year old vampire, son of the captain of the Royal Guard turned orphan and leader.
He is courageous, strong and thoughtful - it was easy to forget that he was only 15.

This book is action packed! Fast moving! and so very good!

And of course, it gets better!!! There is a love story in here too!
Meet Princess Cassandra, or as Daniel so lovingly refers to, Cassie - she is one of the only royal survivors and Daniel must find her and save her for more reasons than one.
Again, it is sometimes hard to remember that Daniel and Cassie are only 15 years old. But due to the circumstances that they are in and that the world is in disarray, everyone must do what they have to do.

I have to warn you, the ending is a killer!
It is one of the best cliffhangers I have ever read!!!
I am looking forward to the next book...

In the meantime, I am going to be jumping right into Vaempires prequel,
Vaempires: A White Christmas.

I give this book 5 stars.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vaempires.