Oceana2602's Reviews > The Dog Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Troubleshooting Tips, and Advice on Lifetime Maintenance

The Dog Owner's Manual by David Brunner

Jul 08, 07

bookshelves: 2006, english, male-writers
Recommended for: no one
Read in November, 2006

"while most…highly developed consumer products come with instruction manuals, dogs do not";
This book was supposed to remedy that, and I assumed that an instruction manual about dogs would be fun. Turns out it was meant seriously. This book really is an instructing manual. It is written differently from all dog books I read. It's as if the author was describing how to buy, keep and program a computer.

I have no doubt that there is a lot of useful information in this book, but I didn't think it was funny or entertaining or even helpful to have this information in this form. Standard dog books work much better for people who actually know how to read. I also think that is is tasteless to write about animals as if they wer household appliances. Apparently the same books exists for babies, which is as tasteless as it gets.
NOT recommended.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dog Owner's Manual.