Linda's Reviews > The Lost Years

May 12, 12

bookshelves: to-read, chcpl
Recommended to Linda by: Facebook 2-24-12
Read from May 01 to 12, 2012

This book should not have taken me almost two weeks to read, but between my fatigue from the book sale and as outrageously trite as I now feel that Mary Higgins Clark's writing is, I had trouble keeping my mind on this one.

The story opens with the murder of a professor, husband, father probably because of a letter he discovered which had been stolen from the Vatican hundreds of years before. It is the only letter known to exist that Jesus wrote (to Joseph of Arimethea).

The wife is accused of the murder despite being affected by Alzheimer's. The daughter tries to discover which of her father's associates pulled the trigger.

I can't help but feel that a dated computer program is inserting names to spew this stuff out - except a computer program would never write "reiterate again (page 225).

Yet, I'll probably be in line for next April's book. I think I'm going to read one of her early books to see if she always wrote like this or if I've matured.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Years.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris MHC is one of my guilty pleasures, I've read almost all of her books. I have the 2010 one set aside for this summer, the library didn't have it. Nothing to write home about, but I find her mysteries compelling and enjoyable. :-)

Linda Oops!

Actually, I won't apologize. They haven't gotten as bad as Janet Evanovich's which I haven't read her most recent.

I was going to send you a message - about blog etiquette.

A few people have started following my blog who are blog writers themselves. I'm wondering if they did that so I would read theirs. Which I did, but none said to me, "I've got to read this person every time."

Should I follow them and just delete when it's not a topic of interest? I know my last blog probably didn't have a lot of appeal, so not all are going to speak to everyone each time.

I'm now set for the next Booktopia. I received an iPad for Mother's Day. I don't think it is as intuitive as other Apple products, but I'll get it figured out - have a book to finish first.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Linda wrote: "Oops!

I was going to send you a message - about blog etiquette.

A few people ha..."

No need to apologize for disliking (or liking) a book. I know I've read more than a few chestnuts in my day! I always say if we all liked the same books, life would be boring!

I'll be honest about blog etiquette, I'm not really sure! LOL! I have people who I don't know following my page, very few I don't know get the emails. They do say, though, to respond to every comment you get. I try to do that, but the original writer won't know if there is a comment back unless they click to get notification. It took me a really long time to figure out Wordpress, and I'm still learning! Tagging will get you more readers, too. I've been thinking about seeing if there is a book out there, all about Wordpress. I find it clunky to set up, I had a really hard time with stuff, I don't know website lingo. I would like to change my theme, it's been more than a year, but I am so scared that everything will be lost and I'll have to recreate, so I haven't done it. Apparently, it can be done, I'm just a chicken.

Congrats on the iPad, I'm green with envy! I love them, but can't justify having that, since I already have a Macbook and iPod Touch. But boy, I do love them!

Linda I think your blog looks gorgeous.

Our library just started a tech Tuesdays, so I'm going in this week to see if we can make my blog look a little more professional.

You know, I really felt that I made friends this Booktopia and I miss them - especially you and Earle.

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris Linda wrote: "I think your blog looks gorgeous.

You know, I really felt that ..."

We miss you, too! Once a year just isn't enough, although I'm already planning on next April! :-))