Candice's Reviews > Like No Other Lover

Feb 24, 2012

bookshelves: recommend
Read on February 24, 2012

Details at my blog

Cynthia Brightly has committed the unforgivable sin for the belle of the season. Her rich, titled fiancé breaks off the engagement, and no one in society will receive her, except her friend Violet. She retreats to Violet’s country home, with only five pounds to her name and nowhere to go, determined to use this last house party to find a husband before the scandal catches up with her.

Miles, Violet’s brother, was utterly dismissed by Cynthia while she was still the most desirable debutante. Now that his older brother has disappeared and Miles is the heir to the Redmond fortune, he delights in putting Cynthia in her place. Except things don’t go quite as planned, and he finds himself offering to help her find the husband she needs – in exchange for a kiss.

I really liked this heroine, and all the other characters were fascinating as well. With its wit and humor and setting, this book has everything I love about regency romances.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Like No Other Lover.