Juanita's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Jun 17, 14

bookshelves: my-baby-s-reads, fantasy
Read from February 24, 2012 to January 01, 2013

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

02/24 page 1
0.0% "Just re-reading this book for the first time since 1996 or 1997 I think. I'm SOOO excited - about a book:)!!! Can't wait to feel what I felt then, to be reminded of the great Harry Potter again (have NOT seen any of the movies purposely cuz I wanted to re-read ALL of the books FIRST)!!! Let's get started!!!"
02/24 page 1
02/28 page 68
22.0% "I started just TELLING my son about the book and he BEGGED me to read it to him! I, of course, did and he didn't want me to stop! He LOVED my "British" voices and tried some himself (he NEVER enjoys reading so much that he gets into character)! I must admit that we immediately watched the movie-I wish that we hadn't since he's not as interested now. Still, he asks to read daily because of Mr. Potter!!!"
06/17 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Go, Juanita. My 28 year old daughter is a big harry Potter fan. I read and liked the first one, which must be the one you are reading here. i liked all the nmovies that I saw, but I never got around to reading any of the other books. Sometime, I'll have to do it. I did like the first one. She is now on the verge of releasing her first post Potter novel, and it's aimed at adults. Hope it's good, and hope you enjoy this one.

Juanita Hey Robert!!!

Yea, I remember reading several but don't know which one I stopped on. I'm really just too excited and can't wait to get to books 2-7.

I'd LOVE to read a novel about Harry Potter!!! Rowling would just delight so many readers by doing that.

Thanks for your post, friend! I'll keep you updated as to how this first one's coming along. We'll talk about the tale as the story progresses!

Talk to you soon!

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Juanita wrote: "Hey Robert!!!

I'd LOVE to read a novel about Harry Potter!!..."

Here's a link to the Reuters story on J.K.'s adult novel. Apparently the details are still a secret. Sorry, it's a long link.

Bob

Juanita Thanks SOOOO much!!!

I'm gonna check that out!!!

Juanita I just read it.

Wow!!! I know that many will follow her because she has written such great books about Harry potter as a child. Adults are different though; I mean we think differently and want more out of our books. We don't always want the hero to win, and that will be a change from the young reader's choice.

Any way, thanks for the link!

message 6: by Robert (new)

Robert Juanita wrote: "I just read it.

Well, you can take the English teacher out of the Bronx and retire him to North Carolina, but we just keep doing our thing with books and people who want to read them. Glad if the link proves useful, Juanita. Your a daughter, and I'm a father of daughters, so you go, girl.
B

Juanita Will do Robert!!!