J'aime's Reviews > Celebrity in Death

2200613
Feb 24, 2012

bookshelves: romance, suspense-thriller
Read from February 24 to 26, 2012

I laughed out loud while reading the very first chapter - and that may be the primary thing that keeps me coming back again and again for more In Death. Robb packs a lot of humor into her books, in addition to solid mysteries and the underlying romance. Considering the dark storyline from the previous book, I wasn't too surprised at the slower pace of this one. Eve and Roarke are coming to terms with their past, and their relationship is finally taking the next steps. The mystery wasn't the most exciting (and I do admit to a bit of boredom with the Icove case - let's move on, shall we?), but the character development, especially in the relationships, was excellent. Not only are Eve and Roarke admitting their own vulnerability toward one another, but Peabody and McNab move forward as well. There were a few cameos from popular secondary characters (like Mira and Feeney), but for the most part they stayed in the background. This was about Eve letting go of her painful past, which I think will allow the series to go to a new level.

Overall, I didn't find this as fast paced as previous installments, but I couldn't put it down either. Another winner from Robb that leaves me eager for the next book. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Celebrity in Death.

02/26/2012 page 400