Jessica's Reviews > Embers and Echoes

Embers and Echoes by Karsten Knight

Sep 16, 2012

bookshelves: owned, read-2012, young-adult, fave-super-para
Read from September 12 to 16, 2012

Ah good, no middle-book-syndrom to be found here. A lot more violence and a little less crazy sister though. Eve is stuck in the netherworld and a group of gods have kidnapped Ash's sister from her previous kidnappers. And now that she knows her boyfriend Colt is a creepy liar, she's on her own, headed to Miami to get back both her sisters. There she meets Wes, god of the night and his friend Aurora, some goddess with wings, who are willing to help Ash in tracking down her youngest sister by going after Lesley, the woman determined to kill Eve and her band 4 of gods and goddesses who call themselves The Four Seasons.

This book is significantly longer than Wildefire but also has a lot more going on, this is not a case where the author forgot how to edit. This book includes many god-on-god battles in between calmer scenes where we get to know Ash's new friends, as well what happened in her most recent past life. We have some reappearances from Ash's god friends from the first book but mostly we're dealing with a new set of characters as people are not dead have gone their separate ways for the summer. So this book brings with it, more anger, and fighting, but is just as good if not better than the first. We also learn a lot more about Pele and the Cloak.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embers and Echoes.