Cheryl's Reviews > The Art of War

The Art of War by Sun Tzu

Feb 24, 2012

Read on March 12, 2012

I should have read this sooner. The amount of information I inherited from the traditional Chinese commentators is ridiculously high. I am going to apply what I learned from this book to my life. Everything I do. I'll be quoting Master Sun for a while. I apologize in advance to those who talk to me on a daily basis.

I read this in one sitting, since it's relatively short, with and/or without the commentary. I read without commentary first, then followed up with commentary. These guys seriously played to win. Survival techniques, strategic advice and war tactics. Why wouldn't I love this book (not a book, an experience)?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of War.

C.S. Einfeld I found this ages ago in a used bookstore and read it in a single sitting. It's like a single-shot dose of universal wisdom. It's not a book--it's an experience.
It's held a cherished spot on my personal bookshelf ever since.

Cheryl C.S. wrote: "I found this ages ago in a used bookstore and read it in a single sitting. It's like a single-shot dose of universal wisdom. It's not a book--it's an experience.
It's held a cherished spot on m..."

Hey C.S.! You are definitely right. While I was reading, my mind was just being blown over and over again. Wisdom overload, but it's awesome.

Thomas Huynh Actually winning isn't everything as Sun Tzu even advocated letting a surrounded enemy go. It is ultimately resolving a conflict, such as war, and going back to peace as soon as possible. If you have further questions, let me know.