Val Kovalin's Reviews > Reach for the Moon

Reach for the Moon by Val Kovalin

3194968
May 24, 13

(Review from the author)

Part road trip, part coming-of-age, part mystery with the characters from Fall Into the Sun at age 18.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reach for the Moon.

message 1: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Cant wait Val!!

message 2: by Val (new) - added it

Val Kovalin Vio, thank you so much! I'm excited about it. I can almost see the whole story in my head. :D

message 3: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio I am excited about it and so will plenty of others lol!

As Sims said patience is a virtue......I will try and be good.

message 4: by Val (new) - added it

Val Kovalin Bless your heart! It's the best inspiration to know that there are interested readers out there. I know when I'm a reader waiting for the next book in something, I just can't wait! I know how that is. :D

message 5: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio

message 6: by Val (new) - added it

Val Kovalin Ha, ha! Love the little bouncy smiley-face!

message 7: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio See I am excited lol!

message 8: by Val (new) - added it

Val Kovalin Awesome! I'm writing it right now, even as we speak. Smoothing out the beginning scene. They're cool characters at age 18. :D

message 9: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Val why are you tempting me??? How long do I have to wait lol......

message 10: by Val (new) - added it

Val Kovalin Ha, ha! You're the best, Vio. :) Knowing I have a reader looking forward to this is powerfully inspiring!

You'll only have to wait until April -- and I hope to publish an excerpt here sooner than that. I think it really helped me to write Fall Into the Sun first because I have a thorough understanding of the characters now. I can see their entire story in advance of writing this one.

message 11: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Val wrote: "Ha, ha! You're the best, Vio. :) Knowing I have a reader looking forward to this is powerfully inspiring!

That soon wow great news Val. I am so looking forward to reading about them as teens Yay!!

message 12: by Val (new) - added it

Val Kovalin Thank you, Vio! You're right -- it's soon. It's going to be breathing down my neck before I know it! But I'm having fun writing about them. :D

message 13: by Ami (new)

Ami Road trip!! People should write more road trip stories. That sure as heck tend to make me add bonus star rating *grin*

message 14: by Val (new) - added it

Val Kovalin Ami, I'm totally with you on liking road trip stories. Have you read Love Ahead: Expect Delays? Loved that book!

Reach for the Moon is going to be a road trip all over New Mexico with a side trip into Texas! I'm afraid I was way too optimistic when I first told Vio above that it would be out in April. I'm afraid it's going to be more like July, but that will be here before we know it!

message 15: by Ami (new)

Ami Val wrote: "Ami, I'm totally with you on liking road trip stories. Have you read Love Ahead: Expect Delays? Loved that book!"

Of course, I have. It's Astrid Amara's and I love her stories. Read it back in 2010. Give that one a 5-star rating too :).

Val wrote: "I'm afraid it's going to be more like July, but that will be here before we know it! "

Dang!!! Oh, well, it will be a great summer read then ...

message 16: by Val (new) - added it

Val Kovalin I love her stories, too. I'm a big fan!

Dang!!! Oh, well, it will be a great summer read then ...

Bless your heart! That's great to hear. I will do my best to make it a great summer read. :D

message 17: by Eva (new) - added it

Eva I'm guessing this is before they went their separate ways and the whole outing/fight mess? Or will we be getting some heartbreak as well?

message 18: by Val (new) - added it

Val Kovalin Hi, Eva! Thanks for asking. :D It's before. It's more of a quest journey / mystery-to-solve that they do almost one year before their fight and it gives them insight into how they feel about each other and what life could be like if they lived together.

message 19: by Eva (new) - added it

Eva In that case I'll be looking forward to reading it. I just couldn't take more heartache then there was in Fall Into the Sun. This way I can pretend the 20 yrs of separation never happened :)

message 20: by Val (new) - added it

Val Kovalin Yes, that sounds great! I want this one to have a different tone (no angst) and be an adventure with humor, romance, and of course sex, which can be both romantic and funny. :D

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Hello Val, is there a precise date for the release? Wouldn't want to miss it :)

message 22: by Val (new) - added it

Val Kovalin Hi, Emanuela, thanks so much for asking!

I'm afraid there isn't quite yet. I'm just about to finish writing the rough draft and then it will go into edits. It's turning out to be a longer story than I'd thought. I'm thinking it'll be ready to publish by beginning of September.

But I'd be more than happy to send you a review copy if you'd like. That way, you wouldn't even have to keep track of it. It would just show up in your email! :D If this sounds good, let me know what format you would like and I'll make a note and follow through.

message 23: by Gaby (last edited Aug 09, 2012 06:56PM) (new)

Gaby Franz OMG , I loved fall into the sun, I'll wait so much this second book. Thanks, the cover is beatifull.

Val you are incredible!!!!

kiss

message 24: by Val (last edited Aug 09, 2012 08:15PM) (new) - added it

Val Kovalin Gaviota, thank you so much! Your comment makes me so happy! :D

I really, really hope the wait on Reach for the Moon won't be that much longer. Its wordcount is twice the wordcount of Fall Into the Sun, but I'm hoping I can release it by September, or October at the latest.

Thanks again very much, Gaviota, for your comment and for your review! *kiss*