Gina's Reviews > The Gilly Salt Sisters

The Gilly Salt Sisters by Tiffany Baker

Mar 08, 12

Read from February 24 to March 02, 2012

The Gilly sisters have a place in the town of Prospect that they don't really want. Being the keepers of the salt, but really what is so important about salt? This is not your typical, my family farms something story, the salt isn't a necessary item for livelihood to the town, but it is a necessity in that it holds power. The salt that the Gilly sisters tend, and sell has a power over them, and quite honestly the town as well.

This book has a focus on the lives of three women, Claire, Jo and Dee It has ups and downs for each of the women and ways that their lives intertwine with one another. I was pleased to find although in the beginning the character Claire was not one I really cared for, she grew as a woman found a passion and took on some amazing roles in the book. Jo was a solid rock, through hardship and heartache, Her character is one I love to see in a book. Young Dee was innocent and naive while also being a bit of a fire-starter. I have to say though I hate the way her story played out in the end. I really enjoyed this book but I found the last bit to be hard to follow and disappointing. I would have preferred to have left some of the ending to the imagination!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gilly Salt Sisters.