Mike (the Paladin)'s Reviews > On Target

On Target by Mark Greaney

Feb 24, 2012

bookshelves: action

The second book about Court Gentry. This one is actually a bit more thought provoking. For me it sort of makes me question my own attitudes. I mean...I'm a Christian and I don't want (on an actual personal and real level) to be too quick to accept the idea of..."sanctioning someone with extreme prejudice".

There is a level of frustration built into this novel, but then there's supposed to be. Court is caught between the proverbial jaws of and upon the proverbial horns of a seemingly insoluble dilemma. Trying to work out his situation and put his life back together he finds himself with two masters either of which could kill him.

This book is still, as the first one The Gray Man was a page turner. There's bone shaking action and teeth rattling violence built into a "geopolitical" firestorm. Traveling through Africa across parts of Asia every man's hand against him The Gray Man again delivers an exciting read. I like these and already have the third.

My only real concern is, there's only three.

The character of Court Gentry while not as detailed as some action heroes is filling out very well. I find I know a bit more about him. This volume finds his "walls" cracking a bit. Between physical damage and the psychological damage he's sustaining will he hold together?

Good book and I'm really impatient to get to the next one. I may not be able to allow myself to start it till tomorrow afternoon.

Bummer.

Enjoy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Target.

07/30/2016 marked as: read

Jarrod Good news, Mike. There are actually four of these. Dead Eye was released on Dec 4 of last year. It's probably the best of the lot. Nice review. Well stated.

Mike (the Paladin) Yeah I know thanks. i actually reviewed this a while back but found some typos and "updated it". I have the 4th on my wish list at Audible already. LOL