Michelle Doerr's Reviews > The Man Who Walked Between the Towers

The Man Who Walked Between the Towers by Mordicai Gerstein

Feb 24, 12

bookshelves: children-s-literature
Read in February, 2012

I cannot believe I never read or heard of this book before now! I never even knew about Petit and his high-wire dancing! This is a nonfiction book which primary through advanced readers can enjoy. This book received the Caldecott Medal in 2004. I rated this book 5 star because I truly enjoyed the way the illustrations and words complimented each other. The story is about Philippe Petit and his daring choice to walk and dance on a tightrope between the World Trade Center towers in 1974. Without the pictures, this book would not be as fascinating. This book would appeal to a wide age-group of children because tightrope walking is not something they may be able to imagine very easily, especially the younger ones. When the children are able to see what Petit saw from high above New York City, the story goes to a whole new level. This book can be used to instruct children when focusing on art, bravery, and New York City.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man Who Walked Between the Towers.