Sterlingcindysu's Reviews > The Mercy of Thin Air

The Mercy of Thin Air by Ronlyn Domingue

Mar 08, 12

Read from February 24 to March 08, 2012

I had a very hard time keeping track of the characters, locations and time. This is Domingue's first novel, so I think an editor should have done more to alert the readers to time changes. The problem wasn't just past and present, I thought at the beginning the main characters were in high school because they were applying for college--then later it said they *were* in college and applying for law/medical school. All the characters have very odd names, and I couldn't keep track of who was a friend, a relation, a ghost and the generations. I thought it took place in New Orleans, but then someone would say, you're visiting New Orleans? so they couldn't have been living there.

I didn't get the premise either--why was Razi hanging around as a ghost if she didn't know what happened to Andrew? And, as a ghost, she was able to search on the computer, write letters and do physical things? Why would she make the electricity turn off and make the houses cold? Unlike Caspter she sure wasn't a friendly ghost even if her intentions were good.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mercy of Thin Air.