Carrie Ardoin's Reviews > Candlewax

Candlewax by C. Bailey Sims

Mar 28, 12

bookshelves: couldn-t-finish-it, tour, i-own-this

Princess Catherine has decided to run away from her home, because she is very upset about the arranged marriage her parents are forcing her into. Shortly after beginning her journey, Catherine meets the over 700 year old Fairrier cat, Spelopokos. He is believed to be the last of his species. The two get off to a rocky start, but soon Spelopokos begins filling Catherine in about her family's istory...and am important prophecy, of which she is the key.

I won't give this a starred rating, because I didn't get far enough to love or hate it too much either way. I guess I just found myself...disinterested. The story did not draw me in after a considerable amount of pages, and I did not care enough about the characters or the plot conflict to find out what happens in the end.

Now, I am a fan of both high fantasy and middle grade novels, so I can't say for sure what the problem was. Maybe I am too old for the book's target audience? I am 26.

I might recommend this book for younger readers who love fantasy and aren't daunted by the prospect of huge books...perhaps Eragon fans? This book just wasn't for me but I bet those types of readers would love it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Candlewax.

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Haven't heard of this one, Carrie but I sure like the cover.
Mike

message 2: by Carrie (new) - added it

Carrie Ardoin Michael wrote: "Haven't heard of this one, Carrie but I sure like the cover.
Mike"

Just barely started this one...I have a bad habit of reading a lot of books at once. LOL