kat's Reviews > Fables, Vol. 5: The Mean Seasons

Fables, Vol. 5 by Bill Willingham

Feb 24, 12

bookshelves: new-read
Read on February 23, 2012

No one seems to love the Bigby WWII story but I thought it was delightful. I mean, Frankenstein vs. the Wolf Man? That is just the kind of pulpy mash-up stuff I love. And the Mean Seasons stories were pretty cool too, although I was not that in love with the conversation Snow had with the zephyr at the end; I mean, I realize that this is a fairy tale character talking to the fucking wind here, but I just did not find it terribly believable. (WTF am I even saying.) Also I was pretty confused because (view spoiler) So, I don't know what that was about. Anywho, yay Fables.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fables, Vol. 5.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Ashley I think I got spoiled for who the Adversary is and now I'm pissed off.

message 4: by kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

kat Dude, I CLEARLY marked the spoiler warning. That's what a spoiler warning is for.

message 3: by Ashley (last edited Feb 25, 2012 09:05AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ashley No, I mean, I think the internets spoiled me for something that happens in later books. You didn't spoil me!

I'm not sure it was an actual spoiler, though, because I ran away as soon as I thought I might get spoiled. But it's still in there, just waiting to be proved right.

message 2: by kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

kat Oh! Phew. I was starting to feel guilty.

message 1: by Jennie (new) - added it

Jennie I'm afraid to say anything now in case of spoilering but I will say I'm so glad you're reading this. Also, I really liked the Bigby WW2 stuff. Although I pretty much like any Bigby stuff so take that as you will.